[REPOST] Problem in Windows based Authentication

Abhishek Srivastava

Hello All,

I use windows based authentication for my ASP.NET web app. I have
disabled anonymous access of my web application too from the IIS console.

From my own machine, the webapp works perfectly.

But when someone else tries to access it, they get error message

credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
accept. "

What can I do to fix this error message?

Thanks for your help in advance.

regards,
Abhishek.

Abhishek Srivastava

Hello All,

I was able to solve the problem. I added my IP address to the "don't use
proxy list" and other machines were able to use the ASP.NET page.

But now I am even more confuse ... why does it matter whether I connect
using the proxy or not? Does Windows based authentication work only when
no proxy is used???

Please help because now it is even more confusing.

regards,
Abhishek.

Ken Schaefer

NTLM Authentication doesn't work through some proxies because it requires a
end-to-end session. See here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...003/proddocs/standard/sec_auth_intwinauth.asp

Cheers
Ken

: Hello All,
:
: I was able to solve the problem. I added my IP address to the "don't use
: proxy list" and other machines were able to use the ASP.NET page.
:
: But now I am even more confuse ... why does it matter whether I connect
: using the proxy or not? Does Windows based authentication work only when
: no proxy is used???
:
: Please help because now it is even more confusing.
:
: regards,
: Abhishek.
:
: Abhishek Srivastava wrote:
: > Hello All,
: >
: > I use windows based authentication for my ASP.NET web app. I have
: > disabled anonymous access of my web application too from the IIS
console.
: >
: > From my own machine, the webapp works perfectly.
: >