Request For Comments: Learn Python The Hard Way

Discussion in 'Python' started by Zed Shaw, Sep 29, 2010.

  1. Zed Shaw

    Zed Shaw Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    I rarely post to the list, but I'm getting near the end of the book I
    wrote to help people learn Python and I would like some feedback on it
    if you please:

    * Web: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/
    * PDF: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/static/LearnPythonTheHardWay.pdf

    The book so far has been successful in teaching Python to people who
    couldn't learn it previously, but I have to still test it with real
    learners more extensively. It is also in rough draft form, so any
    grammar errors, spelling, or just plain wrong code/concepts/terms are
    possible.

    I'd appreciate if Python experts and newbies could read through the
    book or choice sections and submit tickets to me if you find errors:

    http://learnpythonthehardway.org/tktnew

    Which will require an anonymous login to cut down on spam in the tickets.

    I'd also appreciate discussion here on the list about the approach I
    took with the book and what you think.

    Thanks for your time.

    Zed

    P.S. The book is totally free so long as you don't charge for it and
    you don't change it or break it up. Thanks.
    Zed Shaw, Sep 29, 2010