Request.Querystring returning incorrect unicode characters in Japanese Internet Explorer 6

phl

Hello,

I have aspx(say page.aspx) page which uses javascript to submit a form
reload with some unicode characters,upon an button event e.g

page.aspx?param=value

I get this value in the codebehind and access it via
Request.Querystring property.

I have a problem where if the characters of value are Japanese. the
following happens:

IE6 US version - I can get the value correctly from Request.QueryString
in code behind.
IE6 Japan version - The value in code behind I get back from
Request.QueryString have the last 2 bytes corrupted.

Does anyone know what is happening? I am pretty sure it's the Japanese
client thats corrupting the characters at this stage. I have check that
the javascript generated url is correct before it gets submited to the
server. What could be happening in server that may corrupt it in the
response to the client?

Also - I have set the request/response encoding to UTF8 and the file
encoding to "SHIFT-JIS" , I can't change this setup since a lot of the
other pages seems to be finely balanced on this setup.

Thanks
-phl

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote phl,
[...]

This usually happens when the client side uses the wrong character encoding.
Did you check whether the browser is configured to use a fixed encoding?

Cheers,

phl

seems like there's some sort of javascript problem. When I use to the
escape function on the Japanese characters. It works in Japanese IE
without problems. Is there a problem with javascript in Japanese?