Request reference not found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I have the following error in VS 2003:

    The type or namespace name 'Request' could not be found

    But I have the following in my code:

    using System;
    using System.Data;
    using System.IO;
    using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
    using System.Data.SqlClient;
    using System.Web.Services;
    using NewHires.RemoteUser;
    using NewHires.NewHire;
    using NewHires.EmployeeTax;
    using NewHires.Employee;
    using NewHires.ScorpeoUtility;
    using MyFunctions;

    using System.Collections;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.SessionState;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

    I also have the following references:

    DBObject
    System
    System.Data
    System.Web
    System.Web.Services
    System.XML

    What else am I missing?

    I have another project that has no problem with Request and it seems to have
    the same stuff in it.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Is this a class by itself and not a codebehind file? If so then you have to
    reference it by the full namespace,

    HttpContext.Current.Request

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Nov 7, 2006

  3. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Mark Fitzpatrick" <> wrote in message
    > Is this a class by itself and not a codebehind file? If so then you have
    > to reference it by the full namespace,
    >
    > HttpContext.Current.Request

    That was it.

    And yes it was a Class by itself and the one that worked was a codebehind.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 8, 2006