RequiredFieldValidator problem with IE 5

Pierre

Hello,
I have a Web Form with a text box and a required field validator
attached to it. This form is installed on two different
configurations explained below.

Config. 1:
- Windows Server 2000 (SP4)
- .NET Framework 1.1
- IE 6.0
- The control works fine.

Config. 2:
- Windows Server 2000 (SP4)
- .NET Framework 1.1
- IE 5.0
- The control does not works.

Both configuration are accessed via IE 6.0 installed on Windows 2000
Professionnal.

The problem is that the validator works on a specific server and does
not work on another server.

Is it possible that IE 5.0 generates the problem?

Thank you very much for the answer.

Curt_C [MVP]

if the user has scripts disabled then yes. Clientside validators require
that javascript is enabled on the client. Use custom/server validators to
avoid this. It's a postback, but it's consistent

Marina

Another potential issue, is that there were definitely some serious
javascript bugs in 5.0, which may result in events not firing properly or
something. Make sure that the page is not generating any errors in 5.0 as
well, might be a syntax thing.

Pierre Carter

Hello.
First, thank you all for your fast answer.
I found the problem: the aspnet_client folder was not a sub-folder of
the WWW virtual domain. Therefore the javascript file
"WebUIValidation.js" was not reachable by the validator control and
nothing worked.
I added this folder to the virtual domain and everything works fine.
Once again, thanks!
Pierre