Requiring login - enforce for individual pages instead of folder?

Homer J. Simpson

I've been toying with ASP.NET 2.0 for a few weeks now, and have only
recently started looking at the login controls.

The ASP.NET web site admin tool lets you create access/deny rules that apply
to individual folders. Is it possible to extend that to individual pages?
For example, I have the following site hierarchy:

SectionA
page1.aspx
page2.aspx
SectionB
page1.aspx
page2.aspx
page3.aspx
SectionC
page1.aspx

I can apply rules to any of these folders, but there are pages, for example,
page1.aspx (only) in Section B that should be accessible by anyone--while
page2.aspx and page3.aspx should require a login.

Do I have to create an additional level under B for page2/3.aspx, or is
there some per-file permission setting in the admin tool that I've missed?

Homer J. Simpson

Looks like <location path=...> in web.config is the solution to this one.

Is this part of the site admin tool, or does this absolutely have to be
hand-edited? I can manage, I'm just wondering if this is actually hidden
somewhere...