Reset Selected Item in Select Option List

Dennis Marks

I have a page with 3 scrolling select option lists on the left. When an
item in one of the lists is selected information appears on the right.
You can go back and forth between lists to see the same or different
information.

There is one annoyance. If I select an item from the first list and then
select an item in the second list, the item in the first list remains
highlighted. If I then return to the first list and select the same item
nothing happens since there has not been a change in selection.

Is there a way to reset the selection in one list when an item in
another list is selected?

You can see the page at http://www.dcsi.net/~denmarks/amtrak_main.html

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

Nikita the Spider

Dennis Marks said:
I have a page with 3 scrolling select option lists on the left. When an
item in one of the lists is selected information appears on the right.
You can go back and forth between lists to see the same or different
information.

There is one annoyance. If I select an item from the first list and then
select an item in the second list, the item in the first list remains
highlighted. If I then return to the first list and select the same item
nothing happens since there has not been a change in selection.

Is there a way to reset the selection in one list when an item in
another list is selected?

You can see the page at http://www.dcsi.net/~denmarks/amtrak_main.html

Have you had a look at the .selected or .selectedIndex properties of the
options list? No idea if this will work or if it is even good style, I
just spotted these properties on my Visibone Javascript card.

BTW you might want to consider alternate content (e.g. "Sorry, this page
requires JavaaScript") for users w/o Javascript. I run with it off and
it confused me that there was nothing clickable on the page.

Cheers