Select List Background Color

Dennis Marks

I dynamically create 3 select lists from tables. I am having trouble
changing the background color. Would you look at
http://www.dcsi.net/~denmarks/amtrak_main.html
and tell me how to change it? I want the select list background color to
be the same as the rest of the document.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

Dennis Marks

I dynamically create 3 select lists from tables. I am having trouble
changing the background color. Would you look at
http://www.dcsi.net/~denmarks/amtrak_main.html
and tell me how to change it? I want the select list background color to
be the same as the rest of the document.
PROBLEM SOLVED

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

PROBLEM SOLVED

You are aware that there are no select items for the 10-15% of your
visitors who have JavaScript disabled?

Also, your absolute positioning really borks when a vision-impaired user
increases the font size.
http://k75s.home.att.net/show/dcsi.jpg

I thought it looked better when the selects were white. The background
color you've chosen is rather .. dull.

Dennis Marks

You are aware that there are no select items for the 10-15% of your
visitors who have JavaScript disabled?

Also, your absolute positioning really borks when a vision-impaired user
increases the font size.
http://k75s.home.att.net/show/dcsi.jpg

I thought it looked better when the selects were white. The background
color you've chosen is rather .. dull.

I do this for fun and like playing with javascript. I have no idea of
another way to do what I do on the page. Very few people will ever visit
the site. I have very limited knowledge of CSS and would appreciate it
if you can tell me what changes to make to allow font size changes not
to affect the page. Relative and Absolute positioning have always
puzzled me.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

Dennis Marks

I do this for fun and like playing with javascript. I have no idea of
another way to do what I do on the page. Very few people will ever visit
the site. I have very limited knowledge of CSS and would appreciate it
if you can tell me what changes to make to allow font size changes not
to affect the page. Relative and Absolute positioning have always
puzzled me.

I tried changing to relative positioning but there is too much text,
such as the heading, in fixed positions. I will have to leave it as is
unless I redesign the entire web site. Thanks for your advice anyway.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

I don't see any reason why you need to position anything, relative or
absolute. Set up two divs with the left one floated, and the right one's
margin at about 25em or so. Below the header, of course.
I tried changing to relative positioning but there is too much text,
such as the heading, in fixed positions. I will have to leave it as is
unless I redesign the entire web site. Thanks for your advice anyway.

You're right. If I were going to repair the page, I would start over.
Using a few <div>s would make the whole thing much simpler.