Reset SSL State / Request OTHER client certificate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by vecozo@online.nospam, Aug 3, 2005.

  1. Guest

    In our applications we work extensively with client certificates. Currently
    I'm writing functionality to allow clients to register their (UZI) client
    certificate for access to our website.

    When registering, the user might select an invalid certificate or a
    certificate that is not trusted by our organization. In this case we will
    notify the user that he should select another certificate. However, IE caches
    the selected certificate and the only way (known to me) is to be prompted for
    another certificate is to Clear the SSL State (from Internet Options ->
    Content in IE) or to restart the browser.

    I am I nice guy; and i don't want our users to go through this hassle.
    Therefore I need some way to automate this, possibly using ASP.NET or script.
    Do you know any way to do this?

    Regards
    Martijn Kaag

    VECOZO BV
    ______________________________
    www.VECOZO.nl

    , Aug 3, 2005

  2. [MSFT] Guest

    Hello Martijn,

    I am afraid to say that there is no such script to achieve this. For
    security reasons, script cannot access some sensitive data like these
    certificates in IE, we had better have users do this manually.

    Luke

    [MSFT], Aug 4, 2005

    Fair enough. Thanx!
    Martijn Kaag
    www.VECOZO.nl

    "[MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hello Martijn,
    >
    > I am afraid to say that there is no such script to achieve this. For
    > security reasons, script cannot access some sensitive data like these
    > certificates in IE, we had better have users do this manually.
    >
    > Luke

    , Aug 4, 2005