    * * * -----oOOo---°O°---oOOo------ * *
    <http://astrophoto.free.fr> *
    * * -------- oOOo oOOo -------- *

    Thierry Loiseau, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Thierry Loiseau

    Ivo Guest

    "Thierry Loiseau" <> wrote
    > If I do :
    > w=window.open('','a','resizable=no, width=400, height=400, toto=3');
    > can I modify 'w' to resizable=yes ?

    Not after the new window has been opened, no. You can only modify size
    (resizeTo/resizeBy) and position (moveTo/moveBy) of existing windows,
    depending on various circumstances. If you want your popup to be resizable,
    you will need to close it and re-open it with the new parameter
    "resizable=yes".

    In general, it seems to me that making a nonresizable window is a
    demonstration of shortsightedness and cluenessless. Because users who do not
    want (or need) to resize the window, will never notice what setting is
    applied, and all others will be highly annoyed the moment they find that a
    common convenience, a basic end-user-right, has been taken away from them.
    So simply set all your windows to be resizable in all circumstances and
    everybody will be happy.
    hth
    ivo
    http://4umi.com/web/javascript/

    Ivo, Apr 26, 2007

  3. Ivo <> wrote:

    > "Thierry Loiseau" <> wrote
    > > If I do :
    > > w=window.open('','a','resizable=no, width=400, height=400, toto=3');
    > > can I modify 'w' to resizable=yes ?

    > Not after the new window has been opened, no. You can only modify size
    > (resizeTo/resizeBy) and position (moveTo/moveBy) of existing windows,
    > depending on various circumstances. If you want your popup to be resizable,
    > you will need to close it and re-open it with the new parameter
    > "resizable=yes".
    >
    > In general, it seems to me that making a nonresizable window is a
    > demonstration of shortsightedness and cluenessless. Because users who do not
    > want (or need) to resize the window, will never notice what setting is
    > applied, and all others will be highly annoyed the moment they find that a
    > common convenience, a basic end-user-right, has been taken away from them.
    > So simply set all your windows to be resizable in all circumstances and
    > everybody will be happy.
    > hth
    > ivo
    > http://4umi.com/web/javascript/