resizable => yes

Thierry Loiseau

Hello,

If I do :

w=window.open('','a','resizable=no, width=400, height=400, toto=3');

can I modify 'w' to resizable=yes ?

Thank you,
Thierry

Ivo

Thierry Loiseau said:
If I do :
w=window.open('','a','resizable=no, width=400, height=400, toto=3');
can I modify 'w' to resizable=yes ?

Not after the new window has been opened, no. You can only modify size
(resizeTo/resizeBy) and position (moveTo/moveBy) of existing windows,
depending on various circumstances. If you want your popup to be resizable,
you will need to close it and re-open it with the new parameter
"resizable=yes".

In general, it seems to me that making a nonresizable window is a
demonstration of shortsightedness and cluenessless. Because users who do not
want (or need) to resize the window, will never notice what setting is
applied, and all others will be highly annoyed the moment they find that a
common convenience, a basic end-user-right, has been taken away from them.
So simply set all your windows to be resizable in all circumstances and
everybody will be happy.
hth
ivo
http://4umi.com/web/javascript/

[...]