Responding to a hyperlink click

Jim Gilligan

I have an ASP .NET page that dynamically builds a list of hyperlinks to
various documents. These documents are usually either Word or PDF documents.

When the user clicks the hyper link the appropriate document is displayed in
the browser window.

My problem is that I need to create an audit record in a database when ever
someone views a document. I can find no mention of a "Click" event for an
ASP Hyperlink control.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could accomplish my auditing?

Thanks

Jim

clintonG

Use LinkButtons. Double-Click the LinkButton control in the IDE Designer and
it will write the event signature in the code-behind or if you are using C#
display the Designer -- wait five minutes for the designer to load -- select
a control and look for the lightening bolt in the Properties Window. The
rest should be obvious I hope.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/