treeview node update hyperlink

Lyners

Hello all,
I have a web page that contains a treeview with links to pdf reports in a
directory. When a user clicks on the node, the report is displayed in an
iframe. An enhancement I want to add is to have a hyperlink or button above
the iframe that when clicked would launch the report into a new window by
itself.

I know I would have to do it dynamically, so I think I need some javascript
code to update the hyperlink when the node is selected.

Anybody have an example, or some pointers how to do this?

Thank you,
Lyners