Response.Redirect can cause Validation of viewstate MAC failed error on pocket PC

Jeremy Chapman

Riddle me this batman:

An application has two aspx pages. Each has a button on it that does a
response.redirect to the other page. I'm viewing the web app in a ocket pc
running windows mobile 2003 2nd edition. If I use the back button, more
often than not I will get an HttpException saying that the validation of
viewstate MAC failed. If I change the code to do a server.transfer I will
never get this problem. Is this a bug in PIE? I did a little tracing by
using a tcp trace utility to examine what data gets posted on the back
button, and it appears that the wrong page is posted, which means the
viewstate wouldn't be valid. Is there something that can be done to get
response.redirect to work without having to change to server.transfer?