    bar, the redirection in login page doesn't work anymore, the login page just
    gets refreshed.

    Does anyone has ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

    gtea, Jul 1, 2005

  2. gtea

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    gtea wrote:
    > I am using response.redirec to do the url redirection on my login page. The
    > login page is under http://myURL/test/dir1/login.aspx, when the user login
    > successfully, the login page redirects the user to the default.apsx page,
    > which is under http://myURL/test/dir1/default.aspx.
    >
    > When I enter the IP address of myURL in the address bar, the redirection
    > works perfectly fine, but if I enter myURL (which is hostname) in the address
    > bar, the redirection in login page doesn't work anymore, the login page just
    > gets refreshed.
    >
    > Does anyone has ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

    The server may not have the DNS pointer.
    Check the network settings on the server or add a hostfile entry

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 1, 2005

  3. gtea

    gtea Guest

    Hi Curt,

    Thanks for your response. For whatever reason, the problem got sovled by
    itself! All I did just deleted all the cookies in the temp files. I don't
    think it was relevant to the problem. Anyway, the page redirection works now
    regardless of the url (ip or hostname)

    BTW, I added the myURL hostfile entry (after the problem disappeared)

    Thanks!

    gtea, Jul 1, 2005
  4. gtea

    Foo Man Chew Guest

    > BTW, I added the myURL hostfile entry (after the problem disappeared)

    Now, make sure this works from another machine as well. Knowing that the
    page works on one machine only is pretty useless, unless it is only ever
    going to be accessed by that one machine.

    Foo Man Chew, Jul 1, 2005