Response.Redirect to network file

Johannes Klos

Hello

I am new to ASP.NET Development, but I have a serious problem.
I want to Redirect to something like \\server\share\file
But it does not work. The only way I can make the client show the file ist
to use Response.WriteFile or Response.Write But then the user cannot change
anything in the file and save it back to \\server\share\file He has to
manually store it there again.

Is there a way to solve that problem?

cbDevelopment

To allow the user be be able to edit and save the document on \\Server
\share, the user would have to be able to access that server and share
from their workstation (i.e. go to Start>Run and enter \\server\share).
If the user cannot do that, then they cannot edit the file directly on
the server. In these cases you will get a 404 not found error because
the client cannot resolve the server name.

Your approach is correct for transferring protected internal resources to
external clients, but the result as you see is that it is a copy of the
data.

The only way I know of to allow users to put files from the outside to
the inside is using http file upload.

If I misunderstood your environment, let me know and I will clarify.