    anything in the file and save it back to \\server\share\file He has to
    manually store it there again.

    Is there a way to solve that problem?

    Johannes Klos, Oct 3, 2005

  2. To allow the user be be able to edit and save the document on \\Server
    \share, the user would have to be able to access that server and share
    from their workstation (i.e. go to Start>Run and enter \\server\share).
    If the user cannot do that, then they cannot edit the file directly on
    the server. In these cases you will get a 404 not found error because
    the client cannot resolve the server name.

    Your approach is correct for transferring protected internal resources to
    external clients, but the result as you see is that it is a copy of the
    data.

    The only way I know of to allow users to put files from the outside to
    the inside is using http file upload.

    If I misunderstood your environment, let me know and I will clarify.

    cbDevelopment, Nov 13, 2005