Response.Redirect URL Address in IE 6 SP1 from Page Refresh

Guest

Hi,

I have created a Logout ASP.NET application using Forms Authentication.

When a user logs out they get a confirmation page confirming logout and a
button to click to return to the homepage.

We have the page designed so that if the user is not authenticated then they
get redirected using Response Redirect method to the homapage.

If a user starts a web browser session to our logout page and they are not
authenticated the page redirects and the redirection web url shows in the IE
address bar.

If a user logs out and then clicks refresh on the logout page they are
correctly taken to the homepage but the URL is not displayed correctly in IE,
IE shows the logout URL.

Any ideas why this is? Is this a bug with Refresh? Any way round it?

Paul

Guest

Hi Paul,

As far as i am Aware
When you use forms authentication the .NET Framework uses Response.Redirect
and after authenticating i guess somehow Server.Trasnfer is being used

Server.Transfer will not change the URL in the address bar to that of the
new page it keeps the existing URL. i think thats the problem

********************************
Hope this helps,
Shaun (M.C.P)

http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/shaunakp
*********************************

Guest

Hi,

I am not using the Forms Redirect Method.

When the user logs out the cookie is deleted then a confirm page of logout
is shown.

On page load I check to see if the user is authenticated and if not I
redirect them using this.Page.Redirect("url",true). If the user Refreshes the
Page this redirection takes place but the URL address in IE does not change
but if you go to the page from a new session and you are not authenticated
the redirection takes places and the URL address in IE is displayed correctly!

Any more help?

Paul