Response.Redirect

dew

How can I do a response.Redirect and have it create a new window,
preferrably the _search as the target. Thank you for your help.

Mark Fitzpatrick

You can't target a response.redirect in anything but the current window. All
it can do is direct the current browser window to a url. You could instead
have it redirect to somewhere that would have a script that would open a new
window with the page you want, but response.redirect can't do this and
neither can server.transfer.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Peter Rilling

You cannot. You have to emit the correct JavaScript so the browser will
open a new window and navigate.

dew

Thanks. I have the javascript that works in a menu control, but how would I
do that in the code behind (vb)? What I have is a button that gathers
search criteria (if any), then in page pre_render it calls the methods that
will search for data and return whether there is data, no data, or a certain
number of records. That is where I need to launch the results in a search
window if there is a certain number of records. How would I do that?

window.open('frmActiveRecords.aspx?idx=12345','_search')