    So how can I secure these html files from unauthorized access?

    Thank you

    Anton

    Anton Sommer, Nov 24, 2003

  2. The problem is that you aren't passing over file access to the ASP.NET
    runtime - this "handoff" occurs based on file extension, which is why
    ASP.NET and ASP Classic can co-exist. Your web.config is never touched,
    because the ASP.NET handlers are never invoked. You will need to either
    protect using file system ACLs (assuming that you are using Windows
    authentication) or else simply change the file extension to aspx on these
    HTML files.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer

    "Anton Sommer" <> wrote in message
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > I have my security stuff set up and it works fine for all aspx files, so a
    > user that want to access an aspx file in a certain folder can only access
    > them when being logged on correctly. But when putting a normal html file
    > into that folder that is only accessible by logged on users, that very

    file

    Chris Jackson, Nov 24, 2003