Restrict access to a directory, for every user

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Brian Roisentul, Sep 22, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I've got a web application running and i want to avoid users from
    downloading my pdf files by blocking them the access to that
    directory.

    The problem is i must to it programmatically because it will be part
    of an automatic functionality in the near future.

    I've already tried using:

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?">
    </authorization>

    within an overridden web.config located in that directory, but it
    didn't work. The users are not windows', they're just users of the web
    site.

    Could anyone help me?

    Thanks,

    Brian