Return of spinoza1111

spinoza1111

Based on the abominable treatment of Jacob Navia, I have returned. I
shall speak about C in comp.lang.c, but this shall include
observations on its uselessness. I shall try to keep posts about more
general topics in comp.programming.

Although I am no longer working as a programmer (after a successful 30
year career) I am still programming by myself.

The spinoza language is at the bottom of a rather deep stack which
keeps getting topped up with ideas based on my teaching. Currently,
this is yet another implementation of Conway's Game of Life. I need to
write a version without the boundary bug (not filling in invisible
live cells outside the life array, treating the array as floating over
an unbounded array) and with Hashlife before I die.

The UK libel lawsuit project against Richard Heathfield has been re-
activated. I have not engaged a firm of solicitors as yet but I shall
if his behavior persists. Currently I am collecting data from posts
using as a model the DePaul university project which helped to bring
Serbian war criminals to account. This is a very serious matter; the
UK has very strict laws about libel, and although I am an ordinary
person without a lot of financial resources this needs to go forward.

If anyone cares to join me in this lawsuit, pooling our resources,
please send me email.

Piet de Arcilla

The UK libel lawsuit project against Richard Heathfield has been re-
activated. I have not engaged a firm of solicitors as yet but I shall
if his behavior persists. Currently I am collecting data from posts
using as a model the DePaul university project which helped to bring
Serbian war criminals to account. This is a very serious matter; the
UK has very strict laws about libel, and although I am an ordinary
person without a lot of financial resources this needs to go forward.

If anyone cares to join me in this lawsuit, pooling our resources,
please send me email.

Possibly he should sue you for libel for comparing his posts to
evidence of Serbian war crimes.

Chris M. Thomasson

Possibly he should sue you for libel for comparing his posts to
evidence of Serbian war crimes.

I believe I read where spinoza called Richard a homophobic anti-semite
pedophile. Oh, I also think he believes that Richard works for a secret
government organization with the task of disrupting newsgroups. AFAICT,
spinoza is a very nervous paranoid man suffering from a hard core anxiety
disorder. Perhaps a nice round of insulin coma therapy could possible do him
some good. I actually kind of feel sorry for him. Sad. I really do hate to
killfile anybody. But, this guy, well, anyway...

;^(...

spinoza1111

Piet de Arcilla said:

If I were lame enough to be interested in suing him for libel, I would
have plenty of grounds. But I'm not.

I find it amusing, however, that he has to appeal to others for help
with the bus fare to the solicitor's office. The law is a game for
rich people to play. If he does sue (which won't happen), he will
lose money, I may or may not lose money (depending on whether the
judge awards costs against him for wasting everybody's time), and the
fat cat greedy capitalist lawyers (as he no doubt thinks of them)
will feather their nests nicely.

If you're rich, squire, you're an arrogant toff who's going to get
what's coming to him. But chances are you're not, and you can't afford
a competent defense. Either way you are in for a surprise. We've had
it with your behavior and we want you to go away. If that means a
group lawsuit, so be it.

Chris M. Thomasson

If you're rich, squire, you're an arrogant toff who's going to get
what's coming to him. But chances are you're not, and you can't afford
a competent defense. Either way you are in for a surprise. We've had
it with your behavior and we want you to go away. If that means a
group lawsuit, so be it.

Well, AFAICT, your the one who thinks somebody is an anti-Semite if they use
the word "troll". Your the one who thinks that if somebody spends a lot of
time in USENET then they must be working for the government in a war against
programmer unions. Your the one who calls people incompetents and pedophiles
if they disagree with you. I have a strange feeling that you might let
laughed right out of the court room.

On the other hand, Richard Heathfield has been fairly calm, cool and
collected. Your the one that seems to have a major problem. Perhaps paranoid
schizophrenia? I don't know, but you should seek out some professional help
ASAP! I am only looking out for you spinoza. I feel sorry for you. Ouch!

;^(...

Chris M. Thomasson

Richard Tobin said:
... and yet you continue feeding him.

touché

Although, I have to admit that the responses I received made me laugh quite
a bit. spinoza is actually pretty funny.

Chris M. Thomasson

[...]
Nope. Don't self-medicate. Do you?

Na. I just wrote that you should take some because it seems like you worry
about things to much.

Unless you're being sarcastic and ironic, you're very, very welcome:

I really laughed. Everybody needs a good laugh once in a while so thank you.

for one of the problems here is the solemnity with which reputations
and people are destroyed. I will if necessary write poetry here on the
topic of C and C programmers to change this newsgroup. All poetry will
be original and written in real time for the response unless
identified as a quote or prewritten.

[...]

spinoza1111

[...]
Nope. Don't self-medicate. Do you?

Na. I just wrote that you should take some because it seems like you worry
about things to much.

Yes, and there's a lot to worry about.
I really laughed. Everybody needs a good laugh once in a while so thank you.

Great! Now we're getting somewhere. Perhaps I should have been a poet
and not a programmer. I hear there's big money in poetry.
for one of the problems here is the solemnity with which reputations
and people are destroyed. I will if necessary write poetry here on the
topic of C and C programmers to change this newsgroup. All poetry will
be original and written in real time for the response unless
identified as a quote or prewritten.

[...]

Chris M. Thomasson

[snipped a bunch of crap]
Are you the auto parts catalog whiz? If so I think I do. Are you doing
space shuttle code or working for a rocket science Wall Street firm,
making sure the heat shield falls off (it's SO cool when it does that)
or that the tranche consists of deadbeat Dads who can't even pay for
the trailer? If so "I tremble for my country when I realize God is
just".
Reading Rainbow, you cannot understand English. So I really, really
hope that what I can't understand is auto parts, not rocket science,
here.

lol. Anyway, some people might compare the type of programming I do with
"rocket science", or perhaps compare it to juggling running chainsaws.

Chris M. Thomasson

Chris M. Thomasson said:
[snipped a bunch of crap]
Are you the auto parts catalog whiz? If so I think I do. Are you doing
space shuttle code or working for a rocket science Wall Street firm,
making sure the heat shield falls off (it's SO cool when it does that)
or that the tranche consists of deadbeat Dads who can't even pay for
the trailer? If so "I tremble for my country when I realize God is
just".
Reading Rainbow, you cannot understand English. So I really, really
hope that what I can't understand is auto parts, not rocket science,
here.

lol. Anyway, some people might compare the type of programming I do with
"rocket science", or perhaps compare it to juggling running chainsaws.

Well, let's see if you can accomplish a task that I consider to be fairly
easy. I want to create a reader/writer lock that has wait-free fast-paths on
both the writer and reader side. I want this lock to be 100% starvation-free
for both writers and readers. I want bounded time for both readers and
writers. Your not allowed to use CAS. After you accomplish that, I want you
to augment your algorithm to allow for conditional reader-to-writer
upgrades, and non-conditional writer-reader downgrade. You may use CAS for
the upgrade/downgrade, but not for reader/writer acquisition or release.
BTW, your not allowed to use any loops in the algorithm. Oh, one more thing.
I will make it really easy for you in that you do not have to document any
membars. Once you accomplish this task, then we can begin to discuss some
more exotic synchronization algorithms...

I can complete the task, can you? I will give you a week to come up with
something. BTW, no cheating! That algorithm must be yours. I will be able to
tell if you create a forgery.

Have fun!

Chris M. Thomasson

Chris M. Thomasson said:
Chris M. Thomasson said:
[snipped a bunch of crap]
and I have
at this time no way of knowing whether it is, it would explain his
being online all the time. It's possible he can no longer get hired
as
a programmer owing to the fact that his only language is out of
date,
and he answered one of those spammy ads to "make money with your
computer", and hit pay dirt.
These are only possibilities. If you can't reason with modal logic,
doubt you're a competent programmer.

Go ahead and think up whatever you want. I am not so sure you can
understand
the type of programming I do. Humm...
[...]

BTW, if you give up, I will show you the answer. I invented a very nice
general purpose reader writer lock that can outperform most existing native
OS primitives (e.g., the NPTL).

Keith Thompson

Chris M. Thomasson said:
touché

Although, I have to admit that the responses I received made me laugh
quite a bit. spinoza is actually pretty funny.

Good for you. Please stop feeding the troll.

Kenny McCormack

Although, I have to admit that the responses I received made me laugh
quite a bit. spinoza is actually pretty funny.

Good for you. Please stop feeding the troll.[/QUOTE]

Kiki, are you *ever* going to get anything even remotely resembling a
life? Please, for all our sakes...

Kenny McCormack

Chris M. Thomasson said:
I can complete the task, can you? I will give you a week to come up with
something. BTW, no cheating! That algorithm must be yours. I will be able to
tell if you create a forgery.

Um, your (sic) responding to you'reself (sic).

Bruce C. Baker

spinoza1111 said:
[...]

Nilges AND Musatov? Most NGs aren't lucky enough to have even ONE resident
loon!

How did comp.programming come to be so ... blessed? :)

Default User

Chris said:
I really laughed. Everybody needs a good laugh once in a while so
thank you.

Any chance of persuading you to stop feeding the troll?

Brian

Kenny McCormack

Any chance of persuading you to stop feeding the troll?

Your (yours and others of your ilk) supposed "killfiles" just don't work
very well, do they?

spinoza1111

A kook from the south China seas
Whose bonnet was full of bees
Thought that he oughta
Spew forth his nilgewater
On various Usenet NGs

Bad limerick. The first line has four stressed syllables, the second
two, the third two, the fourth three and the last three, but the
pattern needs to be three, three, two, two, and three. Furthermore
makes no sense: has an unprocessed and thus unexpressed hostility.

spinoza1111

[snipped a bunch of crap]

Are you the auto parts catalog whiz? If so I think I do. Are you doing
space shuttle code or working for a rocket science Wall Street firm,
making sure the heat shield falls off (it's SO cool when it does that)
or that the tranche consists of deadbeat Dads who can't even pay for
the trailer? If so "I tremble for my country when I realize God is
just".
Reading Rainbow, you cannot understand English. So I really, really
hope that what I can't understand is auto parts, not rocket science,
here.

lol. Anyway, some people might compare the type of programming I do with
"rocket science", or perhaps compare it to juggling running chainsaws.- Hide quoted text -

Reading Rainbow, what part of "metaphor" don't you understand? My
experience at Bell-Northern Research is that most developers fantasize
a risky and macho world while behind the scenes their work product is
so checked and monitored that they cannot take in fact the risks they
think they're taking.

I won't accept your challenge. It appears to me that you are
overfamiliar with specific technology and perhaps underfamiliar with
the basic science (think Dijkstra). What appears to be "progress" in
computer science is often the faulty elaboration of computing science,
usually in the foolish name of "speed" and sometimes in a deliberately
fraudulent manner.

I would note that my platform simply and elegantly supports
multithreading with a lock{} block and the ability to set semaphores.