Return statment

JL

Hi all,

I have a self defined function at following

Function testing()
if a < b then
return a
else
return b
end if
sqlCon.close()

Based on above function, does the system will excute the "sqlCon.close()"
statement after "end if"? or quit the function when excuted the "return"
statement.

Thanks a lot

Sedat Eyuboglu

the return statement assigns the return value to the function and exits.
so it will not.

Hermit Dave

try putting the sqlCon.close() in the finally statement

SqlConnnection sqlCon = new SqlConnection("connnection string")
try
{
SqlCommand sqlCommand = new SqlCommand("command name", sqlCon);
// do your processings

your conditional statements
if (a < b)
return a;
else
return b;
}
finally
{
sqlCon.close()
sqlCon.Dispose()
}

the close will then be called no matter what..

HTH

HD