Returning blanks

Mark Manning

Ok - my last attempt to post did nothing. So I'm trying this again. :)

I am trying to set a return value for what command to do next. There is a
hidden value in the form and I was using "onClick" and I tried "onSubmit".
When I trace this via FireFox's FireBug - it shows that it is being set.
But all I'm getting back is a blank. What am I doing wrong? (I know its
got to be something simple. :p )

Anyway, I've posted the code to http://tcf.sim1.us. If someone could take
a look and tell me where I'm being stupid I'd appreciate it! :)

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Mark said:
Ok - my last attempt to post did nothing.

Strangely enough, there is no last attempt here, only a next attempt -- a
posting that appears to originate from you (albeit you use a pseudonym
there), using Thunderbird then, that is threadwise date-sorted after what I
am now replying to but has a previous timestamp. (Apparently
Thunderbird/Icedove 2.0.0.19 is confused by the different time zones?)
So I'm trying this again. :)

Not a good idea.
I am trying to set a return value for what command to do next. There is a
hidden value

What is a "hidden value"?
in the form and I was using "onClick" and I tried "onSubmit".

On what?
When I trace this via FireFox's FireBug - it shows that it is being set.

Good for you. *What* is being set, BTW?
But all I'm getting back is a blank.

A blank -- *what*?
What am I doing wrong? (I know its got to be something simple. :p )

Anyway, I've posted the code to http://tcf.sim1.us. If someone could take
a look and tell me where I'm being stupid I'd appreciate it! :)

Your problem description is miraculous and you have posted the wrong URI.
There is no code to look at there, in fact it's 404-compliant.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

BTW, you shouldn't be using Xnews until you worked around its Message-ID
bug: [de] <http://einklich.net/usenet/xnews.htm>

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Thomas said:
Your problem description is miraculous [...]

Err, make that "cryptic" (or one of its synonyms). Found false friends there :)

PointedEars

Mark Manning

Thomas said:
Your problem description is miraculous [...]

Err, make that "cryptic" (or one of its synonyms). Found false
friends there :)

PointedEars

Ok - since the first one did post (my bad) - I'll go with that thread.

Mark