Reverse Web Project Transfer

John Lundrigan

I have a web application on my production server that I need to debug.
The problems is that I don't have permissions from my ISP to be able
to do that. There are two projects in the application, one for the
class libraries used be the web application, and the web application
itself. What I would really like to do is make an exact copy of what
is on the production server (including all the code behinds and place
it on a local server so that I can debug properly and then copy back.
I think I can do this with 'copy project' but that needs the second PC
to be connected.

Thanks for any help

John Lundrigan

Tim Stephenson

If *all* the files are actually on the production server, you should be able
to download the files via FTP and create a project on your local computer.

If however only the files needed to run the project are on the production
server, then you won't be able to do this as you ideally need the .VB source
files to debug....

John Lundrigan

Tim,
Great advice, I got everything over. One little sand though, when
I try to step into it I get a message saying that the URL is in the
Internet Zone and that I don't have permission. But I'm on the loac
machine. Anyway I carried out the instructions to place the URL in the
Trusted Sites, but the message is the same (as I perhaps expected).
The problems is perhaps connected with the fact that on creating the
virual directories for tha application on the local machine then I
have omitted some setting that the Web App wizard sets.

The actual message is: Unable sy start debugging on the web server.
project is in the Internet Zone.

Maybe you could shed some light in this dim corner. And thanks for the
earlier stuff.

Regards

John