ri-emacs promble

Yang Jdong

when i use m_x ri in emacs,it show follow info:
couldn't start ruby script.
i use winxp and ruby 1.8.4,emacs23.

Hemant Kumar

when i use m_x ri in emacs,it show follow info:
couldn't start ruby script.
i use winxp and ruby 1.8.4,emacs23.

I dunno, if its just me, but ri-emacs seems to be broken for the time
being. I choose a say F1 #=> Array and pressing enter on any method
takes me to the same page.

So, I am not able to drill down into method definitions and stuff.

Kristof Bastiaensen

I dunno, if its just me, but ri-emacs seems to be broken for the time
being. I choose a say F1 #=> Array and pressing enter on any method takes
me to the same page.

So, I am not able to drill down into method definitions and stuff.

Are you using the latest version of ri-emacs?

Note that the help buffer just displays the info, it is not a browser.
You need to type in the method at the minibuffer (using completion if
you like), just like it works for emacs lisp.

There is now a mailing list: <ri-emacs-users AT rubyforge.org>
Please send your questions there. I may not be reading this newsgroup,
and the discussion may be interesting for other users.
You can subscribe here:

Thanks for using ri-emacs,
Kristof

Kristof Bastiaensen

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ri-emacs-users/ The Ri-emacs-users Archives

No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are
currently empty. You can get more information about this list.

Yes, I created the list just recently (because I realised rubyforge
doesn't create one by default), so naturally there are no archives yet.
Please send your problem to the list address I gave above.

Kristof Bastiaensen