Ripple clock warning

ALuPin

Hi,

I have a question concerning my multi-clock design.

A PLL is fed with a 30MHz external clock.

There are three different clocks generated by the PLL:

c0 : 48MHz (for internal use)
c1 : 90MHz (for internal use)
e0 : 90MHz (for external use)

Apart from that I have a clock divider which generates an
12MHz clock out of c0 and an inverted 90MHz clock out of c1.

When I compile the whole design I get the following warnings:

1.Found 1 node(s) in clock paths which may be acting as ripple and/or
gated clocks -- node(s) analyzed as buffer(s) resulting in clock skew
Info: Detected ripple clock CLOCK_DIVIDER

Do I have to make some assignment for that? How?

I would appreciate your help.

Rgds
André

Jeroen

ALuPin said:
Hi,

I have a question concerning my multi-clock design.

A PLL is fed with a 30MHz external clock.

There are three different clocks generated by the PLL:

c0 : 48MHz (for internal use)
c1 : 90MHz (for internal use)
e0 : 90MHz (for external use)

Apart from that I have a clock divider which generates an
12MHz clock out of c0 and an inverted 90MHz clock out of c1.

When I compile the whole design I get the following warnings:

1.Found 1 node(s) in clock paths which may be acting as ripple and/or
gated clocks -- node(s) analyzed as buffer(s) resulting in clock skew
Info: Detected ripple clock CLOCK_DIVIDER

Do I have to make some assignment for that? How?

I would appreciate your help.

Rgds
André

How did you implement that divider?? It seems from this message that you use
a ripple counter, instead of a synchronous one.

jeroen

ALuPin

How did you implement that divider?? It seems from this message that you use
a ripple counter, instead of a synchronous one.

jeroen

No it is a full synchronous one.

I use QuartusII version 4.1 SP2

Rgds