rmagic windows binary ??

Paul

Is there a windows binary available for rmagic? The downlaods say to
use the gem, but:

c:\temp>gem install RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem
Attempting local installation of 'RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem'
Local gem file not found: RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem (> 0) in the
repository

Thanks

Paul

Shashank Date

Hi Paul,
Is there a windows binary available for rmagic? The downlaods say to
use the gem, but:

c:\temp>gem install RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem

Hmmm, even with --remote option I get this:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>gem install --remote rmagick
Attempting remote installation of 'rmagick'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rmagick (> 0) in the repository

C:\>

To me, it means that the gem simply does not exist.

Shashank Date

Hi Paul,
Is there a windows binary available for rmagic? The downlaods say to
use the gem, but:

c:\temp>gem install RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem

Hmmm, even with --remote option I get this:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>gem install --remote rmagick
Attempting remote installation of 'rmagick'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rmagick (> 0) in the repository

C:\>

To me, it means that the gem simply does not exist.

Kaspar Schiess

(e-mail address removed) (Paul) wrote in @posting.google.com:
c:\temp>gem install RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem
Attempting local installation of 'RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem'
Local gem file not found: RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem*.gem

Hello Paul,

I am the maintainer of said 'gem' (it is not quite a gem, but a bit
more): The above looks as though rubygems is looking for the .gem the
wrong way: Even if the file RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem does exist in
local directory, a search for this "RMagick-win32-1.6.0-
mswin32.gem*.gem" will fail. You can try
gem install rmagick
from the directory where the RMagick-win32-1.6.0-mswin32.gem file lives.

Tell me about your success or failure; if the above fails, I would like
to see a
gem -v
and a
dir
from the directory where you execute all of this.

best regards,
kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby

Paul

been away for a few weeks...

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul>gem install rmagick
Attempting local installation of 'rmagick'
Local gem file not found: rmagick*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'rmagick'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rmagick (> 0) in the repository

Ive never had rmagik installed, so im trying to get any version from remote.

Tim Hunter

Paul said:
been away for a few weeks...

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul>gem install rmagick
Attempting local installation of 'rmagick'
Local gem file not found: rmagick*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'rmagick'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rmagick (> 0) in the repository

Ive never had rmagik installed, so im trying to get any version from
remote.

Per Kaspar's instructions, I believe you should download the gem and then
run

gem install rmagick

from the directory where you d/l'd the gem.

Kaspar Schiess

Per Kaspar's instructions, I believe you should download the gem and then
run

gem install rmagick

from the directory where you d/l'd the gem.

Or even better, read the README and then continue from there ;) (No 'newbie
bashing' here, Paul, just mentioning that 'gem install rmagick' is not all
you need to do...).

yours,
kaspar

btw: I am working on an update to that 'gem', since RMagick has a new
version out. I might finish it before the end of the year. Some bugs in the
postinstall have also been fixed.

Paul

Tim Hunter said:
Per Kaspar's instructions, I believe you should download the gem and then
run

gem install rmagick

from the directory where you d/l'd the gem.

ah, My mistake. I was under the impression that gem install rmagic
would download and intall for me.

Ive done as you desribe it works perfectly

Thanks

Paul