    on a jpeg image. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    Thanks!
    Tom

    TomRossi7, Mar 17, 2006

  2. TomRossi7

    Guest

    , Mar 17, 2006

  3. TomRossi7

    TomRossi7 Guest

    Thanks! The compession is definitely what I am looking for. I'm
    trying to use it dynamically when the image is rendered to a Rails web
    page. Currently, I am using the follwoing to render the image:

    send_data myimage.to_blob, :disposition => 'inline', :type =>
    'image/jpg'

    I tried using myimage.quality = 50, but it looks like that can only be
    done on a write. Is there a way for me to set the quality when
    rendering the image? Sorry if this is newbie stuff!

    --Tom

    TomRossi7, Mar 17, 2006