rmi lookup name can't use hostname?

cnwy

Hello,All.

I can get the rmi remote object by below code:
String name = "rmi://192.168.1.248/RMIExport";
RMIExportRemote remote = (RMIExportRemote) Naming.lookup(name);
But failed when I change IP to hostname.
String name = "rmi://rt_server/RMIExport";
RMIExportRemote remote = (RMIExportRemote) Naming.lookup(name);
I have put a entry in hosts and ping rt_server return 192.168.1.248.
It seems rmi can't translate hostname into ip address.

wy.

Chris Uppal

I have put a entry in hosts and ping rt_server return 192.168.1.248.
It seems rmi can't translate hostname into ip address.

I can't be bothered to check the standards myself, but I have a vague memory
that _ is not allowed in hostnames.

-- chris