RMI dosent work!!

Discussion in 'Java' started by flashback, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. flashback

    flashback Guest

    Hello

    I am writing a remote administration program and use RMI. The program used
    to work, but for some odd reason, everytime I that i now attempt to use the
    client to connect to the server, the client produces the following error:

    Connection Error:
    Can NOT Connect: remote exceptionerror unmarshalling return; nested
    exception is:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ServicesImpl_Stub (no security manager:
    RMI class loader disabled)

    The code that I use to connect to the server is:

    s = (Services)Naming.lookup("rmi://"+host+":"+port+"/ControlService");
    s.echo("hello!");

    the 'echo' method is defined on the server and simply returns the argument
    ("hello!"). I put this in here to check for connectivity, and it seems to
    work, because I get the error above.

    The code on the server is:

    Services server = new ServicesImpl();
    Naming.rebind("rmi://localhost:48594/ControlService", server);

    If anyone can help that would be great! I would be more than happy to
    thank you in the application credits!
    flashback, Feb 18, 2005

  2. "flashback" <> writes:

    > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ServicesImpl_Stub (no security manager:
    > RMI class loader disabled)

    Have you set the SecurityManager? Looks like you haven't. Also, make
    sure the stub class is actually in the classpath.
    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Feb 18, 2005