RMI dosent work!!

flashback

Hello

I am writing a remote administration program and use RMI. The program used
to work, but for some odd reason, everytime I that i now attempt to use the
client to connect to the server, the client produces the following error:

Connection Error:
Can NOT Connect: remote exceptionerror unmarshalling return; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ServicesImpl_Stub (no security manager:
RMI class loader disabled)

The code that I use to connect to the server is:

s = (Services)Naming.lookup("rmi://"+host+":"+port+"/ControlService");
s.echo("hello!");

the 'echo' method is defined on the server and simply returns the argument
("hello!"). I put this in here to check for connectivity, and it seems to
work, because I get the error above.

The code on the server is:

Services server = new ServicesImpl();
Naming.rebind("rmi://localhost:48594/ControlService", server);

If anyone can help that would be great! I would be more than happy to
thank you in the application credits!

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

flashback said:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ServicesImpl_Stub (no security manager:
RMI class loader disabled)

Have you set the SecurityManager? Looks like you haven't. Also, make
sure the stub class is actually in the classpath.