RMI and Java-Archives!

Discussion in 'Java' started by nullstring, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. nullstring

    nullstring Guest

    I wrote a RMI-App and want to convert it into jar-files.
    The app runs well, but when I make the client to a jar-file, and run it
    (with java -jar myRemoteClient.jar) I get a giant Exception:

    java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested
    exception is:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyRemoteImpl_Stub (no
    security manager
    : RMI class loader disabled)
    at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
    at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
    at myRemoteClient.go(myRemoteClient.java:29)
    at myRemoteClient.main(myRemoteClient.java:19)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyRemoteImpl_Stub (no
    security mana
    ger: RMI class loader disabled)
    at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(Unknown
    Source)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
    ... 4 more

    Where is the error???
    (using eclipse for making the jar)

    thanks in advance
    Nullstring
    nullstring, Nov 15, 2006

  2. nullstring wrote:
    > I wrote a RMI-App and want to convert it into jar-files.
    > The app runs well, but when I make the client to a jar-file, and run it
    > (with java -jar myRemoteClient.jar) I get a giant Exception:
    >
    > java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested
    > exception is:
    > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyRemoteImpl_Stub (no
    > security manager : RMI class loader disabled)
    > at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
    > at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)

    [...]
    > Where is the error???
    > (using eclipse for making the jar)

    Look at <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/rmi/codebase.html> ,
    especially its "Troubleshooting tips" chapter, which deals with your
    problem.
    --
    Thomas
    Thomas Fritsch, Nov 15, 2006