Role Based Security : difference betweenn XP and 2K pro

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by JACK, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. JACK

    JACK Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a problem with my asp.net (C#) apps.

    Global.asax.cs :

    protected void Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object
    sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    if( Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated )
    {
    if( !Context.User.IsInRole(@"SERVER\autorisedGroup") )
    {
    Response.WriteFile("error.htm");
    Response.End();

    With Win 2k Pro (with watches) i can see my user's roles
    (local groups)
    User(System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal)
    property m_rolesLoaded is flagged with "true"

    This property is flagged to false with XP, (same problem
    on Win 2k3 server)

    Any idea ?
    JACK, Oct 16, 2003