RoleManager, Role Provider and Caching of Roles.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by J, May 1, 2007.

  1. J

    J Guest

    <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="CustomProvider"
    cacheRolesInCookie="true"
    cookieName=".MOSSROLES" cookieTimeout="30" cookiePath="/"
    cookieRequireSSL="false"
    cookieSlidingExpiration="true" createPersistentCookie="false"
    cookieProtection="All">
    <providers>
    <add name="CustomProvider" applicationName="/"
    type="CustomProvider.CustomProvider, CustomProvider, Version=1.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a456f6d308976des" />
    </providers>
    </roleManager>

    Who implements the functionality for the cacheRolesInCookie attribute?
    Does the RoleManager take care of it? Or should the RoleProvider
    implement it?

    I have a .NET app that runs off this custom Role Provider. However, it
    does not seem to respect the "cacheRolesInCookie" attribute. When I
    login to the app, it does not create a cookie and wants to reference
    the "GetAllRolesForUser" function for every page request. Should the
    GetAllRolesForUser function create the cookie?

    Thanks!
    J, May 1, 2007