Rols/rights in asp 2.0

John

Hi

I would like to use the aps.net 2.0 built-in user roles/ rights and
personalisation/profile mechanisms but concerned that some web hosts may not
allow Form authentication mode as opposed to Windows authentication mode. Is
this concern justified?

Thanks

Regards

Christopher Reed

I believe web hosts would prefer forms authentication over Windows because
they would have to maintain your logins since they maintain the server.
Using Forms auth, you would build your own database files to be maintained
by you and not by the web host.

Hope this helps!