rope python-emacs problem

Rustom Mody

Ive been trying to use rope for python in emacs and I get
a backtrace which starts with
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'samefile'

Any ideas?

nullius.filius

Ive been trying to useropefor python in emacs and I get
a backtrace which starts with
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'samefile'

Any ideas?

I searched for a variable 'samefile' in ropemacs and its
associated packages. I couldn't find one. That is not
to say there wasn't one because ropemacs is in flux more
than most packages with frequent rewrites.

May I can suggest to start again and use the most recent
packages- Pymacs-0.24beta1, rope-0.9, and ropemacs-0.6.
I installed these about a week ago when I installed
Python 2.6, and it was painless (Windows OS and Emacs 22).

rustom

I searched for a variable 'samefile' in ropemacs and its
associated packages. I couldn't find one. That is not
to say there wasn't one because ropemacs is in flux more
than most packages with frequent rewrites.

Two points here.
1. googling around suggests that this kind of error ('samefile'...) is
often related to circular imports in python.
2. I passed this on to the rope mailing list and the author -- Ali
Gholami Rudi -- has corrected the problem
May I can suggest to start again and use the most recent
packages- Pymacs-0.24beta1, rope-0.9, and ropemacs-0.6.
I installed these about a week ago when I installed
Python 2.6, and it was painless (Windows OS and Emacs 22).

I am running python 2.5 rope 0.9 pymacs 0.23.
Do you expect the instability to come out of these versions
(mis)matches?