RSS Feed and Browsers

shapper

Hello,

I offer RSS feeds on my web site.
How to make browsers, like Firefox, to recognize the RSS channels I
offer?

Thanks,
Miguel

Guest

Internet Explorer 7 should recognize RSS feeds "Out of the box" and offer you
to subscribe, displaying the contents via its own internal XSL Stylesheet.
For Firefox and other browsers, consider the "rel" link which looks like so
in your page markup:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="eggheadcafe.com
Main Feed" href="/rss.xml">

Peter

Siva M

Add the following to your web page(s):

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Feed Title"
href="myrssfeed.xml">

IE7 & FireFox recognize this...

Hello,

I offer RSS feeds on my web site.
How to make browsers, like Firefox, to recognize the RSS channels I
offer?

Thanks,
Miguel

Every standard browser uses this...

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml"
href="http://tempuri.org" title="My Blog" />

That will notify the browser there's an RSS resource related to that
page. Intranet Explorer 6 won't get near that though.