    category...what gives?!??!
    It doesn't seem to like the "&" in Movies and television...
    , Feb 22, 2006

    Here is the site :

    www.bionicbuddha.com/mp3/bionicbuddha.xml

    I am finding more and more errors - changed the movies & tv to Movies
    and Television and then I am getting a mismatch tag error on the
    <channel>- and this is why I am hating RSS, I took an RSS file into
    dreamweaver and just changed the ITEMS, nothing else and yet I am
    getting errors. Woe with me.
    , Feb 22, 2006

    Ok, found the second error - forgot the '/' after news, but it still
    doesn't like the "&" - is there a way to put this in Itunes without the
    "&". I did a search for categories on several sites and all of them
    say "Movies & Television".

    wrote:
    > Here is the site :
    >
    > www.bionicbuddha.com/mp3/bionicbuddha.xml
    >
    > I am finding more and more errors - changed the movies & tv to Movies
    > and Television and then I am getting a mismatch tag error on the
    > <channel>- and this is why I am hating RSS, I took an RSS file into
    > dreamweaver and just changed the ITEMS, nothing else and yet I am
    > getting errors. Woe with me.
    , Feb 22, 2006
  4. Andy Dingley Guest

    On 21 Feb 2006 16:01:02 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Here is the reason why :
    ><category>Movies &[1] Television</category>

    Should be "&amp;" not "&"

    RSS is an XML-like protocol and the magic characters "<", ">" and "&"
    should be replaced by the entity references "&lt;" "&gt;" and "&amp;".

    Don't use the HTML-defined character entities "&nbsp;", "&eacute;" etc.
    These are defined in HTML but aren't defined in XML or RSS (unless you
    define them yourself).
    Andy Dingley, Feb 22, 2006