rss validation error - how are categories set up?

johnsonholding

Here is the validation error I get :

XML Parsing error: <unknown>:13:18: not well-formed (invalid token)
13 18

Here is the reason why :
<category>Movies &[1] Television</category>

I don;t understand why it is giving me this error considering this is a
category...what gives?!??!
It doesn't seem to like the "&" in Movies and television...

johnsonholding

Here is the site :

www.bionicbuddha.com/mp3/bionicbuddha.xml

I am finding more and more errors - changed the movies & tv to Movies
and Television and then I am getting a mismatch tag error on the
<channel>- and this is why I am hating RSS, I took an RSS file into
dreamweaver and just changed the ITEMS, nothing else and yet I am
getting errors. Woe with me.

johnsonholding

Ok, found the second error - forgot the '/' after news, but it still
doesn't like the "&" - is there a way to put this in Itunes without the
"&". I did a search for categories on several sites and all of them
say "Movies & Television".

Andy Dingley

Here is the reason why :
<category>Movies &[1] Television</category>

Should be "&amp;" not "&"

RSS is an XML-like protocol and the magic characters "<", ">" and "&"
should be replaced by the entity references "&lt;" "&gt;" and "&amp;".

Don't use the HTML-defined character entities "&nbsp;", "&eacute;" etc.
These are defined in HTML but aren't defined in XML or RSS (unless you
define them yourself).