    it directly.

    --
    Evan Klitzke <>
    Evan Klitzke, Jun 22, 2007

  2. Evan Klitzke

    Guest

    On Jun 21, 7:40 pm, "Evan Klitzke" <> wrote:
    > Are there any python modules for accessing rsync from python? I would
    > like to be able to rsync files from a python script to a remote server
    > running an rsync daemon. I'm well aware that I can invoke rsync using
    > subprocess, os.system, etc., but I am curious if there is a way to do
    > it directly.
    >
    > --
    > Evan Klitzke <>

    I found the following doing a quick Google search:

    http://www.vdesmedt.com/~vds2212/rsync.html
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/pysync/
    http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/

    Mike
    , Jun 22, 2007

  3. "Evan Klitzke" <> writes:

    > Are there any python modules for accessing rsync from python? I would
    > like to be able to rsync files from a python script to a remote server
    > running an rsync daemon. I'm well aware that I can invoke rsync using
    > subprocess, os.system, etc., but I am curious if there is a way to do
    > it directly.

    I'm not aware of a standalone rsync module for Python, but duplicity
    (http://www.nongnu.org/duplicity/) provides python bindings for
    librsync for its own use. You could pull those in to your project.

    | Jason F. McBrayer |
    | If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
    | battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
    | is the greatest of all conquerors. --- The Dhammapada |
    Jason F. McBrayer, Jun 22, 2007