Ruby-1.8.5 has been ported to Bluegene/L

Chad Brewbaker

Tim said:
Do the rubicon tests pass?

I belive rubicon requires more cross-compiling of which I don't care to
tackle right now.

If you wanted to give me some ruby scripts for testing I would be happy
to run them for you.
Oh, and could you give me an account on the machine with SSH access so
I can "help out" with the development ;)

Haha. You wish ;)

Chad Brewbaker

Yukihiro said:
Hi,

In message "Re: Ruby-1.8.5 has been ported to Bluegene/L"
on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 01:20:29 +0900, Chad Brewbaker

|I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
|rack. More details http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb002/cnr.html. Enjoy.

Have you made any modify for Bluegene/L? If you have, we can merge it
to the repository.

matz.

I had to hack the configure file to overcome cross-compile issues and
solve some Bluegene specific linker problems. Other than that nothing
was touched. I'm in the middle of writing a script for BGL compiles and
I'll post it ASAP.

Thanks for making sure Ruby still runs green threads! The Bluegene
compute node kernel only allows one process.