    C:\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\i386-mswin32\
    It would be much appreciated if anyone know how to fix this?
    Best Regards,

    Sereyvuth Hong, Jun 13, 2008

  2. Sereyvuth Hong

    Guest

    On Jun 13, 12:58 pm, Sereyvuth Hong <>
    wrote:

    > C:\ruby>ruby miniterm.rb COM3 9600 8 1
    > (eval):1: (eval):1:in `private_class_method': undefined method `create'
    > for clas
    > s `Class' (NameError)
    >         from (eval):1
    >         from
    > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `re
    > quire'
    >         from miniterm.rb:1

    While I'm not familiar with the mechanics of RubyGems, it appears that
    on at least several platforms its require() modifications are not
    compatible with this library [1]. The recommended fix is to load the
    library with the original require() method.

    Kernel::require "serialport.so"

    Since the library has not been updated since 2004, it is likely to
    become even less compatible with Ruby environments as they evolve. If
    anyone knows of any active alternate projects, I'd be very interested
    to hear about them. Good luck with your project!

    -Nick

    [1] http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/268396

    , Jun 15, 2008