ruby 1.9 and qt 4.5

artbot

hi,

i would like to install ruby 1.9 and qt 4.5 on an windows xp (yes, i
usually also prefer
linux, but unfortunately i need this for my job ... ) box, but didn't
find any sites with
installation packages (i did succeed installing qt 4.3 for ruby 1.8,
but this version has some bugs in the qgraphisview module, and i would
also like to switch to ruby 1.9 in the mid term).

i would also prefer an installation on an usb memory stick, so that i
can use it on different machines without messing up the particular
system.

any help is appreciated

Roger Pack

i would like to install ruby 1.9 and qt 4.5 on an windows xp (yes, i
usually also prefer
linux, but unfortunately i need this for my job ... ) box, but didn't
find any sites with
installation packages (i did succeed installing qt 4.3 for ruby 1.8,
but this version has some bugs in the qgraphisview module, and i would
also like to switch to ruby 1.9 in the mid term).

Might be hairy. The best bet would be to use new mingw version with the devkit.
http://rubyinstaller.org/
http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
http://programming-gone-awry.blogspot.com/2009/05/ruby-19-one-click-installer.html
and see if you can get it to compile...I guess.
You could also ask at the ruby installer group.
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller
GL.
-r

artbot

installing ruby 1.9.1 with devkit is really simple, the rubyinstaller
site can definitely be recommeded

but i've no idea how to proceed on windows with the sources in

qt4-qtruby-2.0.3.tgz

# Use this file to build a Qt only version of QtRuby.
#
# 1. Copy this file to ./CMakeLists.txt
#
# 2. Copy files neede by cmake from ../kdelibs/ to ./cmake/modules/:
#
# cp ../kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake ./cmake/
modules/
# cp ../kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindRUBY.cmake ./cmake/
modules/
# cp ../kdelibs/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake ./cmake/
modules/
# cp ../kdelibs/cmake/modules/MacroPushRequiredVars.cmake ./cmake/
modules/

but there is no ../ here :-(

anyway, i think the cmake file are tuned for linux only, but who
knows ...

the only way to get qt running on windows seems to be from

http://vision.eng.shu.ac.uk/mmvlwiki/index.php/Qt4-QtRuby_installer_for_Microsoft_Windows

but they only support qt 4.3 and an installation on a memory stick
seems difficult, but maybe possible

[...]

anyway, i think the cmake files are tuned for linux only, but who