Ruby and 3270 terminal emulation

Gennady Bystritsky

Some time ago when I needed to support 3270, I ended up using s3270 from ht=
tp://x3270.bgp.nu/ -- this provides a scripting access to 3270 protocol. Yo=
u send 3270 requests to its standard input and it spits info and screen dum=
ps to the standard output. In my TSC-ACT project at http://sourceforge.net/=
projects/tsc-act I have 3270 integration via s3270, however there's no offi=
cial release yet (no easy installation and documentation yet). You can see =
an example of how I interact with s3270 via IO::popen() in here: http://tsc=
-act.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tsc-act/trunk/lib/tsc/session/s3270-stream.=
rb?revision=3D17&view=3Dmarkup

Please contact me off-list if you are interested in more details.

Gennady.

Daniel Berger

Some time ago when I needed to support 3270, I ended up using s3270 fromhttp://x3270.bgp.nu/-- this provides a scripting access to 3270 protocol. You send 3270 requests to its standard input and it spits info and screen dumps to the standard output. In my TSC-ACT project athttp://sourceforge.net/projects/tsc-actI have 3270 integration via s3270, however there's no official release yet (no easy installation and documentation yet). You can see an example of how I interact with s3270 via IO::popen() in here:http://tsc-act.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tsc-act/trunk/lib/tsc/sessi...

Please contact me off-list if you are interested in more details.

Gennady.

Thank you for this. I will definitely take a look.

Dan

William James

Hi all,

Are there any 3270 screen scraping libraries out there for Ruby? And
do you have any suggestions on how to write one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3270

Regards,

Dan

If your emulator is Attachmate Extra, it has a built in
macro language that can read the screen and type in
data. This language can be invoked from Ruby or from
the DOS-prompt with the command "ebrun".

Erik Veenstra

Back in my mainframe days, I used the HLLAPI (aka WHLLPAI, aka
HLLAPI32) interface of the terminal emulators to interact with the
mainframe. Worked beautifully...

If you're interested, I'm willing to extract the low-level code from
my old projects.

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/

Sean O'Halpin

Back in my mainframe days, I used the HLLAPI (aka WHLLPAI, aka
HLLAPI32) interface of the terminal emulators to interact with the
mainframe. Worked beautifully...

Ah yes! HLLAPI days ;)

Regards,
Sean