ruby and xemacs syntax highlighting

Pieter Breed

Hi All,

I am trying to get syntax highlighting to work with xemacs. I have the
latest xemacs, I downloaded and installed the ruby package, it does
detect ruby mode (once I do the font-lock thing), but

Only my constanc strings are highlighted. None of the keywords or
variable names are highlighted. Can you please help me with this?

Regards,
Pieter

Michael Trier

Here's my relevant section. By the way this gives you the Ink
(whatever they call it look)

;; ruby-mode
(autoload 'ruby-mode "ruby-mode" "Load ruby-mode")
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.rb$" . ruby-mode))

;; uncomment the next line if you want syntax highlighting
(add-hook 'ruby-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)

(cond ((fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode)
;; Customize face attributes
(setq font-lock-face-attributes
;; Symbol-for-Face Foreground Background Bold Italic Underline
'((font-lock-comment-face "Purple")
(font-lock-string-face "green")
(font-lock-keyword-face "orange red")
(font-lock-function-name-face "orange1")
(font-lock-variable-name-face "white")
(font-lock-type-face "white" "black" "false"
"false" "true")
(font-lock-reference-face "Purple")
))
;; Load the font-lock package.
(require 'font-lock)
;; Maximum colors
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
;; Turn on font-lock in all modes that support it
(global-font-lock-mode t)))