Syntax highlighting in IRB

Edmond Kachale

I would like to know if there is a way of changing colors for IRB
standard input ($stdin). What I am interested in "is having IRB
highlighting syntax as I type". Among other stuff, I would like to be
able to:

* set its background colours
* have differing colours for strings, variables, keywords, e.t.c.

I do use Wirble and Term-ansicolor gems, and they are fine when it comes
to output. But, I am interested in colouring irb terminal input, i.e.
I'm looking forward to having something like "vim_animated-irb".

Ceekays

Bob Nadler

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way of changing colors for IRB
standard input ($stdin). What I am interested in "is having IRB
highlighting syntax as I type". Among other stuff, I would like to be
able to:

=A0 =A0* set its background colours
=A0 =A0* have differing colours for strings, variables, keywords, e.t.c.

I do use Wirble and Term-ansicolor gems, and they are fine when it comes
to output. But, I am interested in colouring irb terminal input, i.e.
I'm looking forward to having something like "vim_animated-irb".

Ceekays

IIRC Utility Belt may have what you're looking for...
http://utilitybelt.rubyforge.org/

Regards,
Bob

Edmond Kachale

Bob said:
Hi,

IIRC Utility Belt may have what you're looking for...
http://utilitybelt.rubyforge.org/

Thanks Bob for your reply, but I have ever tried Utility Belt. It's a
cool gem, but it just does the same stuff as Wirble and Term-ansicolor.
I am interested in colouring irb terminal input, not necessarily the
terminal output.