ruby-dev summary 24255 - 24297

Kazuo Saito

Hello all,

This is a summary of ruby-dev mailing list.

[ruby-dev:24255] ripper committed
[ruby-dev:24281] CVS HEAD now requires bison

Minero Aoki merged Ripper extension library into Ruby CVS.
Ripper is a Ruby script lexer/parser
(See http://rubyforge.org/projects/ripper/ for more
information).

Based on the Ripper's parser, Matz changed Ruby's native
parser (parse.y) reentrant. Due to this change, now parse.y
requires bison to compile it. Matz requests for comments on
this restriction.

[ruby-dev:24277] new NKF2 extension library

Kenichi Tamura, the maintainer of a replacement of nkf
(Network Kanji Filter) extension, showed us another nkf
implementation by Yui Naruse. He asked if the Naruse's code
should be committed to CVS HEAD.

ruby-dev summary index:
http://i.loveruby.net/en/ruby-dev-summary.html

Kazuo Saito <[email protected]>

Eric Hodel

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8
Hello all,
=20
This is a summary of ruby-dev mailing list.
=20
=20
[ruby-dev:24255] ripper committed
[ruby-dev:24281] CVS HEAD now requires bison
=20
Minero Aoki merged Ripper extension library into Ruby CVS.
Ripper is a Ruby script lexer/parser
(See http://rubyforge.org/projects/ripper/ for more
information).
=20
Based on the Ripper's parser, Matz changed Ruby's native
parser (parse.y) reentrant. Due to this change, now parse.y
requires bison to compile it. Matz requests for comments on
this restriction.

If this gets rid of all those globals in the parser
(struct parser_params?) then I think its great!

--=20
Eric Hodel - (e-mail address removed) - http://segment7.net
All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E 7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: ruby-dev summary 24255 - 24297"

|If this gets rid of all those globals in the parser
|(struct parser_params?) then I think its great!

Not yet. But taking a first step.

matz.