ruby-dev summary 23623-23670

Kazuo Saito

Hi all,

This is a summary of ruby-dev mailing list.

[ruby-dev:23624] Re: keyword argments (Ruby2.0 spec)

As you see in [ruby-talk:102221], Hidetoshi NAGAI
replied that he chose the idea (a), which permits
us to use hash-style expression at the last of
argument list. The main reason he chose (a) is
to help many scripts already using hash-style to
migrate 2.0 without serious rewritings.

[ruby-dev:23616] [Oniguruma] Version 3.1.0 and 2.2.9

K.Kosako released a new version of Oniguruma. Some bugs
have been fixed in this release. Together with the
release announcement, a patch to use Japanese and UTF
characters with Oniguruma 3 was posted.
These will be imported to CVS soon.

[ruby-dev-summary:100] Thank you for reading this summary

This is the 100th post of ruby-dev mailing list summary
from the first issue [ruby-talk:35186] by Minero Aoki
on May 2002. We are grateful to all readers of our
summary.

ruby-dev summary index:
http://i.loveruby.net/en/ruby-dev-summary.html

Kazuo Saito <[email protected]>

Simon Strandgaard

On Thursday 10 June 2004 17:01, Kazuo Saito wrote:
[snip]
[ruby-dev:23616] [Oniguruma] Version 3.1.0 and 2.2.9

K.Kosako released a new version of Oniguruma. Some bugs
have been fixed in this release. Together with the
release announcement, a patch to use Japanese and UTF
characters with Oniguruma 3 was posted.
These will be imported to CVS soon.

Oniguruma supports a wide range of encodings.

I am curious to if Ruby2 support encodings such as UTF-16BE and Big5 ?

[ruby-dev-summary:100] Thank you for reading this summary

This is the 100th post of ruby-dev mailing list summary
from the first issue [ruby-talk:35186] by Minero Aoki
on May 2002. We are grateful to all readers of our
summary.

It has been a pleasure to read.. keep up the good work ;-)

David A. Black

Hi --

[ruby-dev-summary:100] Thank you for reading this summary

This is the 100th post of ruby-dev mailing list summary
from the first issue [ruby-talk:35186] by Minero Aoki
on May 2002. We are grateful to all readers of our
summary.

Not as grateful as we are to you! It's wonderful that you guys do
this for us.

David

gabriele renzi

il Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:01:12 +0900, Kazuo Saito
[ruby-dev-summary:100] Thank you for reading this summary

This is the 100th post of ruby-dev mailing list summary
from the first issue [ruby-talk:35186] by Minero Aoki
on May 2002. We are grateful to all readers of our
summary.

thanks to all the people that did this over the time.
I hope to be able to pay this back somehow sometime :)

Gavin Sinclair

[ruby-dev-summary:100] Thank you for reading this summary
This is the 100th post of ruby-dev mailing list summary
from the first issue [ruby-talk:35186] by Minero Aoki
on May 2002. We are grateful to all readers of our
summary.

Nevermind the readers, I'm so grateful to the writers! Thanks for the
excellent job.

Gavin