ruby/eclipse in a mixed language project

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by jfry, Jun 13, 2007.

  1. jfry

    jfry Guest

    The shop I'm working for has a bunch of (non-GUI) test automation
    written in Python, to which I'll be adding some GUI scripts written in
    Ruby/Watir.

    There is an existing svn repository like https://OurSVNrepository.com/svn/mwtest/trunk/misc

    I added a /mwtest/trunk/misc/watir folder to the project and tried to
    save my .rb file there, but eclipse is complaining:
    Save could not be completed.
    Reason: The project trunk is supposed to have a ruby nature.

    Googling: "The project trunk is supposed to have a" nature.
    gets me 0 results. Do I need to create a separate project for my ruby
    scripts? Can I somehow give this project a 'dual nature'?

    I should note that I have RDT 0.9.0 installed, and have a project for
    the watir project here that works just fine (I can save to
    https://svn.openqa.org/svn/watir/trunk/watir) so my eclipse setup in
    general shouldn't be the issue.

    Thanks,
    Jeff