Ruby GSoC 2008 now accepting student applications

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by pat eyler, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. pat eyler

    pat eyler Guest

    Google has just turned on the student application web page. If you're
    interested
    in taking part in the 2008 GSoC as a student, please feel free to turn in an
    application:

    http://groups.google.com/group/goog...de-to-the-gsoc-web-app-for-student-applicants

    Some project ideas are located here:

    http://rubycentral.com/projects/gsoc-2008/ideas-for-gsoc-2008

    (this page is not comprehensive, and will be updated as prospective
    mentors contact me with additional ideas)

    I'll be sending out an email to prospective mentors who've already contacted
    me tomorrow. If you are interested in working as a mentor, and haven't yet
    contacted me (or are worried that I've forgotten you) please drop me a private
    response.

    --
    thanks,
    -pate
    pat eyler, Mar 24, 2008

  2. Where can I find links or email address to contact the the potential
    mentors on the detailed information about those projects?

    Chiyuan Zhang, Mar 25, 2008

  3. pat eyler

    pat eyler Guest

    On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Chiyuan Zhang <> wrote:
    > Where can I find links or email address to contact the the potential
    > mentors on the detailed information about those projects?

    At this point, we don't have specific mentors assigned to specific
    projects. If you would like to discuss any of the projects, I would
    recommend discussing them here or on a mailing list specific to
    the code that project involves (i.e., rspec, rubinius, jruby, merb,
    etc)

    --
    thanks,
    -pate
    pat eyler, Mar 25, 2008
  4. 2008/3/25, pat eyler <>:
    > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Chiyuan Zhang <> wrote:
    > > Where can I find links or email address to contact the the potential
    > > mentors on the detailed information about those projects?

    > At this point, we don't have specific mentors assigned to specific
    > projects. If you would like to discuss any of the projects, I would
    > recommend discussing them here or on a mailing list specific to
    > the code that project involves (i.e., rspec, rubinius, jruby, merb,
    > etc)

    Take mod_rubinius for example. I subscribed to rubinius mailing list
    long ago, but the traffic there is very low. The rubinius people prefer
    talking on IRC. But IRC is not easy for some people living outside US,
    due to the time zone problem. :(

    Chiyuan Zhang, Mar 25, 2008
  5. pat eyler

    pat eyler Guest

    On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Chiyuan Zhang <> wrote:
    > 2008/3/25, pat eyler <>:
    > > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Chiyuan Zhang <> wrote:
    > > > Where can I find links or email address to contact the the potential
    > > > mentors on the detailed information about those projects?

    > > At this point, we don't have specific mentors assigned to specific
    > > projects. If you would like to discuss any of the projects, I would
    > > recommend discussing them here or on a mailing list specific to
    > > the code that project involves (i.e., rspec, rubinius, jruby, merb,
    > > etc)

    > Take mod_rubinius for example. I subscribed to rubinius mailing list
    > long ago, but the traffic there is very low. The rubinius people prefer
    > talking on IRC. But IRC is not easy for some people living outside US,
    > due to the time zone problem. :(

    Irc and timezones may be an issue, but I think you could ask questions
    about mod_rubinius on the rubinius mailing list and get answers. If not,
    you would be welcome to ask them here as well. rue is the official
    mod_rubinius developer, so you could always try asking him directly.

    --
    thanks,
    -pate
    pat eyler, Mar 25, 2008