    something light and emacsy.

    thanks,

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 7, 2006

  2. Antw: Ruby IDE/Debugger for Ubuntu

    hi,
    I' m using FreeRIDE.
    It offers the features I need and is written in Ruby. I think you' d be able to install that on Ubuntu.

    Alex.
    Alexander Fleck, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Paul

    Matias Surdi Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > What is the best IDE/debugger for Ruby that will work on ubuntu linux?
    > I've given up on trying to get eclipse RDT working.
    >
    > Is KDevelop good?
    >
    > I'd like something with a lot of features (autocomplete) rather than
    > something light and emacsy.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Paul

    I can't use anything but Quanta.

    for rhtml syntax highlighthing there is a syntax file , look for it in
    google.

    I hope it will have some better support for autocompletion of ruby/rails
    code in the future.

    Bye
    Matias Surdi, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Paul

    Gary Watson Guest

    I also think freeride is neat, however, if you want a full ide, and are
    willing to drop a little coin, Ativestates Komodo is supposed to be
    pretty good, and there is another ide called arachnoruby which is also
    supposed to be pretty good. I pretty much use vim for all of my ruby
    editing, so unfortunately I can't give you any details on how good
    either of these products are. I know they both feature debugging
    capabilities which would be the biggest selling point for me personally.
    Freeride also has debuggin support.

    Hope this helps
    Gary Watson

    Gary Watson, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Well, I work for ActiveState, and designed and developed most of the
    Ruby support in Komodo, so I'm biased. But I think it's what you're
    looking for.

    Out of the box, you get:
    - autocomplete on non-binary modules (binary modules will happen...)
    - Ruby-aware auto-indent, including automatic insertion of "end"s
    - full-featured debugger
    - class browser
    - highlighting of syntax errors
    - configurable syntax-based colorizing
    - powerful macro language

    Please excuse the blatant commercial message.

    - Eric Promislow --
    Eric Promislow, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Paul

    Jamey Cribbs Guest

    Eric Promislow wrote:

    >Well, I work for ActiveState, and designed and developed most of the
    >Ruby support in Komodo, so I'm biased. But I think it's what you're
    >looking for.
    >
    >Out of the box, you get:
    >- autocomplete on non-binary modules (binary modules will happen...)
    >- Ruby-aware auto-indent, including automatic insertion of "end"s
    >- full-featured debugger
    >- class browser
    >- highlighting of syntax errors
    >- configurable syntax-based colorizing
    >- powerful macro language
    >
    >Please excuse the blatant commercial message.
    >
    >- Eric Promislow --

    Eric, I bought a copy of Komodo Personal that works great on Windows. I
    tried to install it on Breezy using the install script and got an error
    (I think it was the library incompatibility mentioned in the install
    docs). Have you been able to install it on Breezy, or do you have a
    Debian package for Komodo?

    Jamey Cribbs

    Jamey Cribbs, Feb 8, 2006