Ruby intepreter LIne no tracking.

suresh

Hi ,

I am rite now creating an IDE that executes and gets results from ruby
process. That contains all of the features of normal IDE.

I am struck to make MY ide to look for the currently executing line
in ruby intepretter. My task here is to show the currently executing
line of ruby in my IDE.

Please help me out..

Jano Svitok

Hi ,

I am rite now creating an IDE that executes and gets results from ruby
process. That contains all of the features of normal IDE.

I am struck to make MY ide to look for the currently executing line
in ruby intepretter. My task here is to show the currently executing
line of ruby in my IDE.

use set_trace_func

Jano Svitok

thx for reply me..

But actually my problem is . i am doing the proj in vb .net. i am
creating a ruby process and start the process in background..
and i redirect the output to my application to get the output..

so i dont want anything that related to the ruby code that means
executing something.

i want the solution general so that i can get the things to my vb .net
appl.

There is a C side equivalent of set_trace_func, see rcov, ruby-prof or
RubyMemoryValidator.
So you set a callback in a ruby extension, and then you have to
forward the info to your IDE.

J.