Ruby mentioned at Microsoft Conference

Rob .

Ruby was mentioned at last week's Microsoft developer conference. Here
are some quotes from an attendee's notes
<http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t17837>:

"If I could just snap my fingers and change the world. If I could just
snap my fingers and change how Microsoft developers work, then you
know what I'd do. We'd all use Ruby." - attributed to Microsoft
employee Don Box

"Dion Almaer asks whether anything is going on with Ruby on .NET? Also
asks about where AOP fits. Jim H answers that he doesn't know of any
major effort to implement Ruby, but he hopes so."

Robert Klemme

Rob . said:
Ruby was mentioned at last week's Microsoft developer conference. Here
are some quotes from an attendee's notes
<http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t17837>:

"If I could just snap my fingers and change the world. If I could just
snap my fingers and change how Microsoft developers work, then you
know what I'd do. We'd all use Ruby." - attributed to Microsoft
employee Don Box

"Dion Almaer asks whether anything is going on with Ruby on .NET? Also
asks about where AOP fits. Jim H answers that he doesn't know of any
major effort to implement Ruby, but he hopes so."

.... and this article is hosted by the "java lobby". :))

robert

Michael Campbell

.... and this article is hosted by the "java lobby". :))

Looking at that from the context of the Java community, it can
probably be attributed to the old adage, "The enemy (Ruby/scripting)
of our enemy (Microsoft/.NET) is our friend".